Padis Gems Case Study:
Padis Gems Background:
With three sales store locations in San Francisco, Padis Gems has been supplying San Francisco jewelry business since 1994. Owning their inventory of diamonds, which come direct from the source, sets Padis Gems apart from most other wholesalers. Their daily inventory of at least 10,000 diamonds and tens of thousands of designer jewelry pieces has made Padis a relied-upon destination for local jewelry resellers. When they decided to open their inventory to the general public they turned to us to make this a reality.
With an already established, “brick and mortar” business, Padis wanted a sleek and easy to use web site which would allow online transaction, manage inventory, and assist the jewelry staff with shipping and receiving. Additionally, their email list needed to expand so that these loyal customers could receive word of monthly specials, coupon availability, and regular events hosted at the stores.
- A two pronged approach provided the look and feel for the new web site, as well as templates for both print and email campaigns
- Next, our focus shifted to the technical aspects of the eCommerce solutions, inventory management, and email communication vehicles.
- We customized an industry standard “off-the-shelf” shopping cart that allows the Padis staff to daily add inventory, track sales, and create coupons which can be sent out as the web site continues to help expanding their email lists.
- During the first Holiday season that the web site made it’s debut, Padis realized a 30% increase in sales
- Special promotions and coupons were sent to the email list, which produced a 15% conversion rate (well over the industry standard benchmark metric of 4%)
- Padis continues to manage their inventory through the eCommerce tools in place, and continues to grow their email lists and receive sales from monthly promotions.
search engine marketing